Interlocking Awning control using CTouch

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by theok, Nov 30, 2009.

1. theok

theok

Hi

I have a customer who has 2 awnings controlled by a DLT and a Change-over relay unit ( 5504RVFC ) using the method described in this application note .

We now want to replace the unit with a CTouch. I can of course create 4 on/off buttons. Awning1 Open, Awning1 Closed, Awning 2 Open, Awning2 Close.

What is the preferred option to the Two winding / motor Shutter with timer as indicated in the Application Note? Simply put, how do I achieve interlocking between the pairs of Open/Close to prevent trying to drive the motor in different directions

theok, Nov 30, 2009
  2. theok

Newman

With the wiring configuration shown in the Application Note, it is not possible to drive the up and down motors simultaneously. The mechanical interlocking provided by the change-over relay contacts prevents this from happening.

You program the button on the C-Touch to work the same way as the button on the key unit. Configure a button as a Timer, say 2 minutes, and set a 50% level for the Up button and a 100% level for the Down button.

Note, if you're using the 5504RVFC with blind motors I suggest you read this Application Note too.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2009
    Newman, Nov 30, 2009
  3. theok

theok

Hi Newman

Thanks for the reply. It worked nicely.

The only other question is if you make the UI look and behave nicer by making the up or down buttons conditional. That is, while the Up button is active (for timer-30s) to prevent the Down button from being available. Although the DC motor is protected with the hardware interlock I think that the UI would look/function better.

What would the preferred option be to achieve this? I assume it would be using conditional triggered logic. Would it be best to base the condition on logic or a system I/O?

Theo

theok, Dec 1, 2009
Ask a Question