interlock values

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by Charlie Crackle, Mar 5, 2005.

1. Charlie Crackle

Charlie Crackle

Can some one please explain how the interlock works on the change over relays.

I read the help in the old cbus program. but the values still make no sence (0, 2, 3, 4)

I have a Change over relay controling a 3 speed fan (with reverse) the active is wired through the change over contacts to give electrical fail safe (so only one speed can be selected)

I was hoping this software interlock would add another degree of protection)

Charles

Charlie Crackle, Mar 5, 2005
  2. Charlie Crackle

Don

Software interlock

Hi Charlie,

I haven't read the help dialogue on this, but I hope I can help you out here.

The interlock can only be applied to the first 4 (or 8 for a 12 channel relay) terminals of the product. Once the number of terminals to be interlocked has been specified, and if this number is greater than 1, then the interlock is active, and will allow only one of the n terminals to be in the ON state at a time.

The terminals can be controlled by different groups, or can be controlled with one group and use different level thresholds, but in either case, the terminal with the highest index (say terminal 4 out of terminals 1,2,3 and 4) has priority if in the ON state.

An example: if there was no interlock and terminal 1 was ON, terminal 2 off, terminal 3 on and terminal 4 off, then with interlock, terminal 3 will be the only terminal ON.

Does that make more sense?

Don

Don, Mar 6, 2005
Ask a Question