intergration daikin air cond with c-bus

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by zip_cool, Jun 9, 2008.

1. zip_cool

zip_cool

hello, can some one help me with integration the daikin vrv 3 air cond to our c-bus network.
    the air cond type my customer buy is the vrv 3 version, with an intelligent touch controller
    http://www.daikin.com/global_ac/products/network_solution/i_touch/index.html

my customer only buy the air cond unit and the intelligent touch controller unit. he dosen't buy the d bacs gateway.
    is that any way to intergrate it??

what item we need for it from daikin, except the intelligent control and the air cond???

thanks..

zip_cool, Jun 9, 2008
  2. zip_cool

znelbok

Daikin has been discussed here many times, so try the search feature of the forum.

From memory there are two options, the one you have mentioned and a simpler RS232 interface which could be used with a PAC.

Mick

znelbok, Jun 9, 2008
  3. zip_cool

zip_cool

sorry for that. i have search this forum for the topic i try to get, but there is only a discussion to how to integration the daikin with c-bus using the bacnet, or D BAC gate way.
    the problem here is we don't have the gateway, only the intelligent touch controller from daikin, which support java dan air net III.

zip_cool, Jun 10, 2008
  4. zip_cool

Krondor

Daikin Integration

You have 2 options:

1. If its C series I touch Controller,and if your customer will buy a Web Function for the controller you can apply to Daikin and get the protocol to communicate through on board Ethernet port.

2. look in google for a third party device called CoolMaster 1000. For my opinion its cost is lower then a Web Function and it is easily integrated through RS232 port.

Krondor, Jun 10, 2008
  5. zip_cool

znelbok

I believe the touch controller has a serial port as well. That may be able to be used for connection to a PAC as well.

Once again you would have to apply to Daikin to get the protocol documentation.

How would C-bus communicate with the controller via Ethernet - it would be nice if the PAC had an Ethernet port to do this (one of my original requests when it was first out)

Mick

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2008
    znelbok, Jun 11, 2008
  6. zip_cool

PSC

BTW,

There's no 'r' in 'integration'...

PSC, Jun 12, 2008
  7. zip_cool

Krondor

The touch controller has a serial port, however it can only be used for internal purposes (such as connecting a communication line extender for connecting more indoor units). It cannot be used as a gateway for third party equipment.

Krondor, Jun 12, 2008
  8. zip_cool

NickD Moderator

Err.. Peter..

I think you'll find there is one....

Nick :p

NickD, Jun 13, 2008
  9. zip_cool

PSC

Ok, ok, let me re-phrase that; there's only one 'r' in 'integration'... ;)

PSC, Jun 13, 2008
Ask a Question