Interface With Bms

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BigBoyVn, Oct 23, 2008.

1. BigBoyVn

BigBoyVn

BigBoyVn, Oct 23, 2008
  2. BigBoyVn

______.

How to interface to a BMS will depend greatly on what BMS you are interfacing to and what infomation/control you need to have or give.

The basic way is to have a set of relay outputs and aux inputs between C-Bus and the BMS which give each other the required signal to turn lights, HVAC etc ON/OFF.
    Next is going high level where the BMS connects to a C-Bus PCI and talks direct to C-Bus.
    Finally you can talk to BMS via it own protocol like BacNet, Modbus etc....I haven't done this way of interfacing before so i don't won't to give any wrong info about how it works - just to say unless the BMS spec ask for it don't offer it ;)

You will need to talk to the BMS installer and find out what control/info they need from you to then work out how it needs to be interfaced.

______., Oct 23, 2008
  3. BigBoyVn

PSC

It amazes me that someone can win a job of this size with little or no knowledge and / or experience in this area :confused: :confused: :confused:

I wish the building owner the best of luck...

PSC, Oct 23, 2008
  4. BigBoyVn

Pink Panther

Pink Panther, Oct 23, 2008
Ask a Question