Intercom, IP Camera, touch screen and Audio

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BSiilic, Aug 14, 2011.

1. BSiilic

BSiilic

C-Bus seems to have all bases covered, but intercoms.
    I find it strange that there is no product on the market for a basic C-Bus home video intercom which integrates with a colour touch screen.

I know that there is a way to get an IP Camera and display the video on the touch screen, however what about Audio?
    Some IP camera even have Audio which can be connected to the touch screen, however what about audio the other way? (from inside out) As far as i know they is no mic on the touch screen.

Has anyone figured this out?

Regards,
    Barry

BSiilic, Aug 14, 2011
  2. BSiilic

Memphix

I have not seen anyone integrate using the cbus touch screen. It's normally a case where some other control system sits on top of cbus with a two way interface.

However, with the price of 15" touch screens I think it is a wasted selling opportunity for Clipsal to not have an update with their colour touch screen that would include such features. To be honest I'd be surprised if they didnt have one in testing... perhaps their support requests are too demanding. (I am in no way linked with Clipsal, no known secrets, just my 2 cents)

Memphix, Aug 17, 2011
Ask a Question