Integrating projector screen into CBUS

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by brodricj, Mar 27, 2007.

1. brodricj

brodricj

I would like to patch a home theater motorized projector screen into C-Bus, using the 12v trigger output of the projector for the up/down logic. Lighting control functions will also be triggered by the projector status.

The screen has a standard 4-wire HV cable, for up, down, common and ground. What is the best way to patch this into CBUS?

I'm figuring wire the 12v trigger signal into L5504AUX to sense the projector on/off status, and use L5504RVFCP to drive the screen up or down depending on whether L5504AUX senses the 12v or not.

Is this a solution/best solution? I only have the 2005 product catalogue and don't know if there is a newer module available to do this function (eg L5501RBCP)??

p.s. the screen is either full up or full down, there is no mid-position required.

brodricj, Mar 27, 2007
  2. brodricj

Newman

The L5504AUX is designed for dry-contact switch inputs, however it's still probably the simplest way to get the up/down status of the projector onto C-Bus. Just use the 12V output on the projector to drive a small relay and connect the relay contacts to the L5504AUX, assuming that the 12V output can supply enough current to operate the relay coil.

Newman, Mar 27, 2007
  3. brodricj

Raven

What on earth is happening with that curtain/blind relay?

That would be perfect for this sort of thing too and I want to put 4 of these relays in my lounge! (front and rear curtains, projector screen and projector ceiling mount platform).

Come on Clipsal, let me spend more of my readies on your products!!! :)

Raven, Apr 3, 2007
Ask a Question