Installing C-Bus into existing 2-Storey house

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jorr, Nov 4, 2019.

1. jorr

jorr

Hi all

I’m looking at moving to a 2-story house and thinking about the possibility of putting c-bus in. I’d make all lights DALI to make things easier. Just wondering if anyone has had much experience retrofitting C-Bus into a 2-Story house.

cheers

jorr, Nov 4, 2019
  2. jorr

Damaxx

This one is a 'how deep are your pockets' type question. C-Bus requires twisted pair cable at each light switch which is normally, damn close to impossible/impractical to retro in a 2 story house. Although I'm not highly experienced in DALI so there may be better responses.

Damaxx, Nov 13, 2019
  3. jorr

lcrowhurst

If you are going the Dali route and it’s difficult getting control cable to the fittings, take a look at Cognian.com , they have a product called Syncromesh that makes every Dali wireless. Their gateway also integrates with wiser shac/nac (2way control) .They also do rgbw control. They also allow 4 Dali switches and a sensor to be connected to each Syncromesh controller. So existing light switched could be turned into Dali switches. Then you could use the wiser as the main automation control. If you can get CBus cables to the switches then that open up using edlts etc.

lcrowhurst, Nov 14, 2019
    CrazyDave and Damaxx like this.
Ask a Question