Inside/outside temperature

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by Darren, Nov 19, 2009.

1. Darren

Darren Senior Member

I like knowing the inside and outside temperature. It is useful on summer evenings so that you can open the windows once the outside temperature drops below the inside temperature.

I use two C-Bus temperature sensors to measure the temperature and display it on the touchscreens in the house.

I found it is even better to graph the two temperatures so you can see the trends:

TemperatureGraph.jpg

To do this, I created two graphs with transparent backgrounds. They are identical in every respect except for the line colour and the in-built System IO variable they are plotting.

I laid one on top of the other, and it looks like one graph with two lines!

As you can see, it was around 40C here before noon and heading towards 75C (at least it feels that way).

Darren, Nov 19, 2009
  2. Darren

NickD Moderator

Cool (or not)...

I've got a similar graph, and i tried overlaying them but it didn't seem to work... perhaps because I only had one of the two set to transparent.

How do you get the time on the x-axis? It's probably obvious but I've obviously missed it :)

Nick

NickD, Nov 19, 2009
  3. Darren

Darren Senior Member

Actually, only the one on top has to have a transparent background (background style = "none").

On the horizontal axis options, select "show values".

Darren, Nov 19, 2009
  4. Darren

NickD Moderator

Thanks,

I got it working last night... the axis values were obvious... when I looked for them... I'm sure you must have added then since I first used the graph :p

Nick

NickD, Nov 20, 2009
  5. Darren

Damaxx

Thanks

Thanks Darren.

Putting this into every install I can
    Cheers for the info.

Maxx

Damaxx, Nov 24, 2009
Ask a Question