Inline CNI playing up :(

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by chromus, Dec 19, 2019.

1. chromus

chromus

Client has a Wiser 1 White with the external BlackBox "inline" CNI. (PC-CNIEI)

The Wiser "was always a PITA" and it looks like the issues came from the CNI.

I have been monitoring it on an off for a while via RDP into client network and using the Control Systems IP program.

In a nutshell when the unit plays up it seems to forget its Subnet mask and port number or at least is unable to send them to the interrogation from the program. The failed details show in red on the device list and the settings at the bottom of the pane.

Sending updates to the unit to readd the port/subnet occasionally work but more often than not they don't however waiting a while for the unit to finish its tantrum the details start to become available again.

The network is stable, the voltage at the CNI is reported as 25.7.

I've had a look in the Diagnostic Utility and none of the interface options in 1 or 2 are ticked and 3 is greyed out.

I checked the Caps on the board to make sure they were in good condition.

Any pointers on this would be gratefully rx, this is the last client bug before my break so hoping not to have to work next week.

chromus, Dec 19, 2019
Ask a Question