INFO : making RJ45 lead / cable for Touchscreen & PCI

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by JohnC, Jun 9, 2005.

1. JohnC

JohnC

It often happens that we need to make up a lead or replacement when a client loses one... the problem is the DB9 -> RJ45, where everyone admits that there is no "standard" one available.

It's a hassle making them from either a Com (and crimping on RJ45) or RJ45 (and soldering on DB9) cable ... Another forum member suggested the following, and I have now found Jaycar sells them (although they don't make it clear in their catalogue) :

[​IMG]

More Info : http://www1.jaycar.com.au/productVi...&pageNumber=&priceMin=&priceMax=&SUBCATID=246

Basically, it's a long DB9F connector with a RJ45 socket moulded into the other end. Only the RJ45 side is wired to short leads and pin connectors. What you do is poke the Pin Connectors into the DB9F to create a converter with the pin-assignments required.

After it's wired, you stick the DB9F into the comp com port, then run a standard Cat5 patch lead to the PCI or Screen.

I made an adapter for a Touchscreen by (ummm... accidentally) borrowing a client's cable, then going thru each lead 1 by 1 with a multimeter. I know that the pinouts are shown in the Instruction Manuals of PCI and Screens, but I wanted to be absolutely sure I got it right :)

Cheers, John

JohnC, Jun 9, 2005
  2. JohnC

shovetts

I made an adapter for a Touchscreen by (ummm... accidentally) borrowing a client's cable, then going thru each lead 1 by 1 with a multimeter. I know that the pinouts are shown in the Instruction Manuals of PCI and Screens, but I wanted to be absolutely sure I got it right :)

Cheers, John[/QUOTE]

Hi John,
    Can you tell me the pinout for the Jaycar DB9F to RJ45 adapter. I have searched the forums but they all seem to be dead links. I have the adapter and think it maybe..
    RS232.....RJ45
    5.............4 BLUE
    2.............5 BLUE/WHITE
    3.............6 ORANGE

Thanks

shovetts, Oct 6, 2020
Ask a Question