Indoor PIR

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 1JL, Dec 15, 2005.

1. 1JL

1JL

Hi folks,

A quick and easy one for you.......can someone please tell me what settings I need to have a PIR on at 100% through the day and at a dim level through the night please. Also, if I want to specify times for the PIR to come on at a lower level do I need to have a touch screen. thanx

JL

1JL, Dec 15, 2005
  2. 1JL

Newman

JL

If you configure your key functions like this you will get the Recall 1 level during the day and the recall 2 level during the night. Recall levels are set on the Blocks tab.

If you want to be able to specify the actual times of day that you want to have these things happen you will need a device that can be programmed with logic, like a PAC or colour touchscreen. This is quite a bit more complicated.

Attached Files:

Newman, Dec 15, 2005
  3. 1JL

MJB

May be a further easy question? I have a multi sensor controlling lights in a entry hall which we would like to override either on or off from a DLT.

MJB, Dec 17, 2005
  4. 1JL

Newman

Yep, that's possible.

When you say "Override the PIR" do you mean just turning the group On from the DLT. When you turn it on do you want movement to trigger the PIR timer or do you want the PIR timer disabled?

You can enable/disable the Multisensor PIR by assigning a Group address to the PIR Enable Group in the unit. You can then control that Group from the DLT.

If you want to disable the PIR all together at the same time as setting the state for the hallway light, assign a Group Address for the PIR Enable/Disable Group in the Multisensor. Then set up 2 key(s) in the DLT as scene keys. In the first Scene turn On the Hallway Group and turn on the "PIR disable" Group as well. This will turn on the hallway light and disable the PIR. In the Second Scene turn both the PIR and PIR Disable Groups Off. The Hallway will go out and the PIR will be re-enabled.

You can also do this without using Scenes, by assigning 2 keys to 2 blocks (1 group per block). The advantage of the Scene method is that if (for some reason) you want to disable the PIR by turning Off the PIR Disable group (instead of turning it On) you have the flexibility. By assigning a key to multiple Groups exactly the same functions are applied to both Groups at once.

If the PIR is directly above the switch location you may be better off just turning Off the PIR Disable group and allowing the PIR timer to turn the group Off. Otherwise you may get the hallway turning off when you turn off the hallway light (manually) and then back On again when the PIR detects movement and finally Off when the PIR timer expires.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2005
    Newman, Dec 18, 2005
  5. 1JL

MJB

Thanks Newman,

Thats the way I suspected it would work, However having the multisensor die on me while I was trying to program this function wasted quite sometime.

Matt

MJB, Dec 19, 2005
  6. 1JL

Beerygaz

To resurrect an old thread, can someone tell me how to trigger a scene in my DLT from PIR-Day & PIR-Night movement in my Multi-Sensor pleaase? Do I have tp set it to the "control" application instead of "lighting"? As far as I can work out I can only set a group status but I'm sure I'm missing something.

Right now I have the sensor set to the "lighting" application as the light level sensor sets a group for me that I use elsewhere.

Beerygaz, Sep 9, 2007
Ask a Question