Inception Alarm bi-direction integration to CNI

Discussion in 'C-Bus Automation Controllers' started by Kaz, Sep 9, 2020.

1. Kaz

Kaz

Hi all,

I hope you can help me troubleshoot the issue I'm having - I'm not able to receive messages via the CNI of commands occurring in the C-BUS to the inception alarm panel.

I can send a message from the inception alarm panel to C-BUS:

[​IMG]

In the logs of the alarm system, I can see the message being sent to the CNI and also the same message is received.
    [​IMG]

But when I trigger group 28 (or any group) from the C-BUS directly I don't receive any messages from the C-BUS via the CNI to the alarm panel.

Using CBus diagnostic tool I can see there are messages coming via the CNI so either it's a configuration thing of the CNI not covered in the alarm panel documentation or the alarm panel doesn't support incoming messages even though it says it does.

[​IMG]

Has anyone done this before?

Last edited: Sep 9, 2020
    Kaz, Sep 9, 2020
  2. Kaz

Timbo

Yes - check out this thread
    Has been working perfectly without a single hiccup since April this year.

Cheers,

Tim

Timbo, Oct 5, 2020
  3. Kaz

bmerrick

Hi Timbo,

Sorry, don't want to steal your thunder about the thread you mention which is very helpful.

But Kaz is my client and I advised him to enable Local SAL on the CNI which resolved his issue. Apologies I didn't see his post here and respond earlier. To enable Local SAL on the CNI, you use the C-Bus Diagnostic utility. Search on Local SAL on the forum if anyone needs further details.

Brad

:eek::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

bmerrick, Oct 5, 2020
Ask a Question