In built System IO for Total power usage

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by Monty, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Monty

Monty

Hi,
    Can anyone advise on how to use the in-built system IO for Total power usage.
    No problem using the IBSYSTEMIO*** for one load. I can plot this on a graph OK.

I notice that when the loads are entered into the Load monitor for various loads, then the Total power usage is displayed correctly while the Load monitor is open.
    If the Total power usage IO is actually working, then how can it be used?
    The help is fairly vague on this.
    Can I use a graph?
    Can I use it in logic?
    Can it only be used with a particular component?

Go on....put me out of my misery...

Monty, Sep 24, 2009
  2. Monty

Darren Senior Member

You use it as for any other in-built system IO variable. There is nothing unique about this variable. C-Bus has to be connected to get an updated value. The value gets updated every 10 seconds.

Yes.

Yes.

It can be used with any component which can display a value. The most sensible one is the level component. If you use the "Tools" form and select the Load Monitor / Total Power tool, you will get a level component with all the right properties set.

Darren, Sep 25, 2009
Ask a Question