Importing Projects from V2 disabled

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GeorgeKosmas, Jan 25, 2010.

1. GeorgeKosmas

GeorgeKosmas

Hi Everyone,
    I know that were is not too many people still using this feature but i have an old customer that has come back requesting some changes on their CBus system. I eventually found their project at a V2 database.

I have tried to import this into the new toolkit but the button that allows me to import is disabled.

I initially thought that this was because i was looking at another project at the same time but i tried several different places with no change.

Is it still possible to import old projects into the new programs anymore? Has support been removed from the newer versions of toolkit?

Please help

GeorgeKosmas, Jan 25, 2010
  2. GeorgeKosmas

GeorgeKosmas

Hey Everyone,

I just worked it out!

Just in case anyone else wants to know, you will need to have "C-Bus Installation Software" (V2 software) installed on the PC first. Just having the project files backed up is not enough.

P.S. the old CBus programming software does not install on windows vista or windows 7 (dont really expect it to) so you will need a win xp machine.

GeorgeKosmas, Jan 25, 2010
  3. GeorgeKosmas

MIB

Correct. Toolkit in turn uses the V2 software to do the conversion.

Glad you got it working!

MIB, Jan 25, 2010
Ask a Question