Implementing optionnal cmd

Discussion in 'C-Bus Serial Protocols' started by ismu, May 8, 2006.

1. ismu

ismu

A simple question :
    To pass the Enabled Program, do my module must integrate all the commands that are not specified "OPTIONNAL MESSAGE" ?

ismu, May 8, 2006
  2. ismu

ashleigh Moderator

You do not have to implement those things that are optional.

If something is NOT markled optional, then you MUST implement it to become C-Bus Enabled.

ashleigh, May 9, 2006
  3. ismu

ismu

Well, in that case, I have some questions about some security cmd that are mandatory :

1) In the note of System Disarmed it is wrote : Security System are discouraged from issuing this message(but it is not an optionnal message). So I don't support it, I send a System Armed/DIsarmed(7A80) with the code type 00 for disarmed. Is it ok?

2) What is the difference with zone sealed/Unsealed and Zone Open/Short ? For now my module send zone open/short (for example, if a motion detector is activated, the module send zone open, and when there is no more motion, it send a zone short). My alarm system don't have sealed/unsealed equivalent...

3) If I bypass a zone, I must send zone isolated, but if later I "un-bypass" this zone how do I tell the system that this zone must be monitored?

4) When I report a zone open/short/isolated etc. the zone number argument is the zone number in my alarm system witch is maybe not the same "zone" in C-Bus... Do you see a probem with this?

It is all for now ;)

Thanks

ismu, May 9, 2006
  4. ismu

ashleigh Moderator

Yes.

The normal terms used in security are that a Zone is SEALED if everything is OK, the sensor is working (not tampered with) and that during arming it all checked ok.

Unsealed is the opposite of sealed. A zone becomes unsealed if the sensor detecs intrusion.

i'd strongly suggest you use Sealed and Unsealed.

For some security systems (those that use end of line resistors, typically) it is also possible to detect if the wiring to the zone sensor is being tampered with. It may be that the wiring to the sensor goes open circuit (zone open), or short circuit (zone short).

In many security systems, such attempts at tampering can be detected, so we allow those conditions to be reported as specific states of the zone.

The security system will be doing the moniroting, so I think the question is "how do I say that the security system is again monitoring this zone". In that case I think there is a zone status message (I don't have the full prototol documentation in front of me at home).

No problem. There is no such thing as a zone in cbus lighting. The zone numbers are security zones, and have whatever meaning the security system wants them to have.

ashleigh, May 10, 2006
  5. ismu

ismu

Thanks for the answers!

For (2), if I use Zone open/short for noticing that a zone is tampered or not, when should my system send the command Tamper On/Off to C-Bus?

ismu, May 10, 2006
  6. ismu

ashleigh Moderator

The zone messages are for reporting what the zone is doing.

The tamper message is an overall status. So, for example, if you detect that a zone has been tampered with (and gone short or open, for example), then you would send out those zone messages.

If as a consequence (for example, your system is monitoring that zone and is interested in it), then you might say "ah hah - it is time to do whatever we do when we have a tamper" - which might be to turn the siren on, dial out to central station, etc. At that time you also issue the Tamper message.

On the other hand, if the zone was tampered with and you have set the system to be not interested in that zone, then you report what the zone is doing, but you take no further action. In that case you might report Zone open / short + zone isolated, and the tamper condition never occurs so you never report it.

The tamper off message will be sent onto cbus after clearing the condition that previously caused Tamper On.

ashleigh, May 11, 2006
  7. ismu

ismu

Ok thanks, now I understand the Tamper is On/Off command!

ismu, May 11, 2006
Ask a Question