i'm new and need help

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by Richard Brookfield, Oct 15, 2004.

1. Richard Brookfield

Richard Brookfield

Toggle dosent seem to toggle, if any are off they will turn on then when all are on it will toggle them off. is this right?

When setting a master off button using the area address. works well the first time then will only work if same address is turned on. For example program up C-Bus then turn on lounge and kitchen lights, press master off button and everything turnes off (good), go and turn on lounge and kitchen lights again then press master off and nothing happens (hmmm), i just ended up using a scene to do master off (this worked)

When you enable a scene to a button you cant change the indicator LED option. i take it this will be fixed in Version 3 :)

My wish list:

A delay to turn on instead of just a delay to turn off.

The logic having nand and nor as well as and would be really handy.

Richard Brookfield, Oct 15, 2004
  2. Richard Brookfield

pbelectrical

I agree that the extra logic functions would be nice. The delay to start can be possibly initiated by using the "start" function of a custom key switch. Not sure of your application by I used it to shut down the evaporator fans of a coolroom to allow staff to acess it without being snap frozen. Basic set up was - short press = off, short release = start, when you specify start it will request a time frame (in my case 15 min.) then set expiry = on. With this set up a press of the button would turn the fans off for 15 minutes and then automatically restart them. Like I said I'm not sure of your application but a variation on this theme should give you the control your after.

pbelectrical, Oct 17, 2004
  3. Richard Brookfield

Don

Richard,

The Toggle function looks at the last state the unit thinks the group is in, then sends a command to change the state. If you are using the Toggle function to turn lights off in conjunction with the 'Area' address, the state of the 'area' group is not considered by the key doing the 'Toggle'. What happens iis the group the key is tied to is probably still 'off', si the next time you press the 'toggle' key, all the light s will turn 'on' again.

If you want to make a key on a unit act as an 'all off' key, there are two ways I can recommend.
    1) Use a scene, with all the groups you want to turn off in the scene. I think this is what you have ended up doing. You should be able to make the indicators for the scene key either blue or orange, as the hardare can do it. I'm not too sure about the latest software capabilities.

2) Use 'Area' addressing. Be careful here as 'area' addressing comes with a set of rules. 'Area' addressing can be used to control many more groups than 'scenes' can with the current NEO and Saturn units (although significant improvements in this area are under development!), but 'area' addressing can get you into trouble, too. One of the problems is what you have discovered with the 'Toggle" function. When using Area addressing, avoud the use of 'Toggle', 'Onkey', and 'Offkey', as these functions look at the state of the group associated with the key in the key unit ONLY. Best to use 'Rampoff' for turning off many groups as it does not look at the state of the group of the key unit. To turn many groups on, the 'recall' functiosn are fine.

As pointed out by pbelectrical, the timer functions can be used for delayed on as well as delayed off. In fact, the timer expiry function can be anything, so 'toggle' is valid. Note that while the group is off, if the timer is running, the LED indicator will have an 'inverted' flash.

Don

Don, Oct 18, 2004
  4. Richard Brookfield

Richard Brookfield

Thanks for the help Guys.

Richard Brookfield, Oct 18, 2004
Ask a Question