Iconic Wiser Socket Outlets - Zigbee mode now working

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Damaxx, Aug 1, 2021.

1. Damaxx

Damaxx

Had some fun tinkering today that might interest a few - I installed a couple of the Iconic Wiser outlets this weekend. If you haven't seen them -

Once installed, I updated them to the newest firmware via the mobile app then I tapped the centre button 12 times to switch it to Zigbee mode, waited a minute for the controller to do its thing, then tapped 3 times to put it into pairing mode.

On home assistant, opened my ZHA integration and clicked add device. Up popped the outlet and in less than a minute, I was able to control it. I'm using a Digi Zigbee USB stick, but I have tested the Texas Instruments one and it works too.

Added a new group to my C-Bus install and wrote a simple automation for the group to track the outlet state via MQTT.

This is a great compliment to my C-Bus install, but certainly wouldn't offer it to a client. Too many moving parts.
    But it made me think - I wonder if a Zigbee to LAN coordinator and LUA scripts running on a SHAC to control the outlets directly would be possible? Project for another weekend....

Damaxx, Aug 1, 2021
  2. Damaxx

Pie Boy

Nice one,

I have the wiser zigbee stuff working on shac with MQTT integrations and zigbee2mqtt running on nuc pc
    https://www.zigbee2mqtt.io/
    It is easy to set up and supports hundreds of various zigbee devices, I have 15-20 various zigbee devices updating their Params via MQTT to the shac without any issues.

Pie Boy, Aug 1, 2021
  3. Damaxx

Damaxx

Thanks Pie-Boy. I meant to add that to my post.
    Haven't had enough time with zigbee2mqtt. The outlets are not supported and I am only starting to tinker with adding a new device. I am using a UDOO SBC out the shed with the Texas Instruments Zigbee USB dongle that can pair with the gpo, but can't control it. Will update this thread when I have it working.

Damaxx, Aug 1, 2021
    Shiney2512 likes this.
  4. Damaxx

MrMarbles

I also bought some 3025CSG's to try out.

I updated the firmware and then converted to Zigbee and paired with my Hubitat Hub successfully. I then decided to try one of the out on HA. After performing a reset I can't get the 3025CSG to go into pairing mode any more.

The not so helpful response from Clipsal was to use a Wiser hub even though my problem actually is I can't get the 3025CSG to pair anymore even after multiple resets.

Is there an alternative reset option ?
    Is there an option to switch (back) to Bluetooth mode ?

In the event I get this 3025CSG working or try out another one I have, is there a Zigbee profile that actually allows me to properly control the sockets.

MrMarbles, Mar 4, 2022
  5. Damaxx

Pie Boy

This might be your problem,

Usually in zigbee land, device can be paired only to one zigbee network, so most probably the socket thinks it’s paired to a network already so pairing to another network is not possible, to fix this usually the config/ device needs to be deleted/removed from the zigbee network then it should be fine to go into pairing mode again and connect to another network.

you can toggle them between ble and zigbee mode, although it’s a cumbersome process…

Pie Boy, Mar 4, 2022
  6. Damaxx

MrMarbles

You would think a device reset should clear its Zigbee config to allow it to pair again. It doesn't show up in my Hubitat hub anymore.

The reset instructions also say the right LED should flash after reset but on my devices its the left LED
    https://www.productinfo.schneider-electric.com/clipsal/clipsal-portal/English/Wiser Pacific System user Guide Clipsal (BOOKMAP)_0000507270.xml/$/ResettingWiserdevicesAPACTSK_0000362241

Clipsal Level 1 Tech Support couldn't explain this.

Update Edit: After persisting with multiple further resets (many) the 3025CSG flashed left, then right two seconds later made a clicking sound which I assume meant it had reset.

I could then place it into pairing mode and paired with HA.

Now I can control the right socket only through HA. Does anybody have experience with the Zigbee profiles for these powerpoints or do I have to just work it out myself.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2022
    MrMarbles, Mar 4, 2022
  7. Damaxx

MrMarbles

I will provide an update to my own post :)

After working out the labels and a few anomalies both left and right sockets are working now in HA. There is also an Identify feature that flashes the LED in the Touch Switch several times.

The 3025CSG is recognised as a Zigbee router and I have paired an Aqara window/door sensor directly with it.

MrMarbles, Mar 4, 2022
Ask a Question