i-Pod connection to MAR

Discussion in 'Multi-Room Audio (MRA) and MARPA' started by ranilroshan, Oct 9, 2007.

1. ranilroshan

ranilroshan

can i-pod connected to the matrix switch, If possible pls tel me the way it is done

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2007
    ranilroshan, Oct 9, 2007
  2. ranilroshan

paulw11

Hi,

There are plenty of cables available that can convert the iPod to two RCA plugs. There are some here and I am sure you will find more at your local electronics/hi-fi store.

You can connect the AV cable directly to the headphone socket on the iPod but it would probably be better to combine it with a dock to provide simpler connection, recharging and remote control.

The connection to the matrix switch would then be via one of the analog inputs or by connecting a distribution unit to the digital input of the matrix switch. Depending on where the Matrix switch is located the distribution unit could give some additional flexibility by enabling the iPod to be located in a more convenient location.

Of course you can also connect the iPod to the local input of an amp using the same cables/dock but you can't then select it as a source in any other room.

Paul

paulw11, Oct 10, 2007
  3. ranilroshan

amberelectrics

I presume there is no way of doing track selection on an iPod via the CBus network?

Also is it possible to use a windows media system on the MRA and give distributed audio or would it be best to just centrally locate a PC and distribute over a data network?

amberelectrics, Oct 26, 2007
  4. ranilroshan

paulw11

Kind of. Some iPod docks have IR remote controls, so you could use IR from C-Bus to skip tracks etc.

You could also use a PC with a music library; once again IR remote control is available or you could use some form of WiFi device like a Nokia tablet or laptop to control the PC.

Paul

paulw11, Oct 26, 2007
  5. ranilroshan

Matty

iPod control via C-Bus?
    Not a bad idea.
    I'll see if I can knock up something similar.

Regards,

Matty

Matty, Oct 29, 2007
  6. ranilroshan

nickrusanov

we control iPod from MRA using IR, but no library ofcourse.

we offer our clients a new Pronto, which can control C-Bus and show Media Server library on the screen at the same time. great device.

PS. i wonder who will make new magnificent iPod touch to control C-Bus. i will pray to this man =)

nickrusanov, Oct 29, 2007
  7. ranilroshan

paulw11

As soon as I can get my hands on an iPod touch I am going to get this:
    Remote Buddy

It only runs on a Mac (This is a good thing in my opinion :) others may disagree) and has an API so it should be pretty easy to put in some code to talk to C-Gate.

Paul

paulw11, Oct 29, 2007
  8. ranilroshan

ks1969

You can use a Marantz docking station with Full IR control and video feedback on a CTC via an IP Server.

See attached

Attached Files:

ks1969, Nov 3, 2007
Ask a Question