HV9661 Led Dimmable Driver

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gandorf, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Gandorf

Gandorf

Hi,
    New to this forum. My question is how do you wire up these Led Dimmers into Cbus ???
    I am installing Led (dimmable) to replace my old Halogens in a Trapeeze lighting system (3 of them in total)
    Previously my Trapeeze wires were conected to a huge transformer and it only had 2 x wires going back to the C-Bus dimmers. The new units i bought (& recommended for my situation) have 240v input (normal 10a plug) and then Red / Black wires for the output, AND Blue / White for the Dimmer.

Do i need to have a constant 240v ac supply (plug end) ??? (would seem a waste of electricity...and hard to wire in)
    Run the Dimmer wires back to the Cbus Dimmers
    And then connect my new Leds to the Led outputs ??

Any help appreciated.

Sorry couldnt work out how to post a pic of the Led Driver, but will search this forum in case it has been asked / answered before

EcoLamp, HV9661 12v60w Triac & 0/1-10v Dimmable Led Driver Is written on the lable

Cheers
    Mark

Last edited: Jul 14, 2020
    Gandorf, Jul 13, 2020
  2. Gandorf

Ashley

Only if you want to blow stuff up and potentially burn the house down.

Seriously, if you don't know what you are doing get professional help.

These dimmers work EITHER by using a phase control dimmer on the 240V inputs, OR a 0,1-10V signal on the dimmer inputs. Cbus dimmer are phase control dimmers so you connect the 240VAC of the driver back to the cbus dimmer. the 0,1-10V inputs are not used in this case.

The drivers also specify a universal dimmer which means you need a cbus universal dimmer module (5504D2U). They may work with leading edge dimmers, but you also may get poor results or damage the dimmer.

Ashley, Jul 14, 2020
Ask a Question