Humidity & Barometric Pressure Sensors

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by paulwawa, Sep 2, 2004.

1. paulwawa

paulwawa

I am trying to source a humidity and barometric pressure sensor(s) to connect to the general input unit. Any ideas who may supply suitable sensors? Any experience with these?

paulwawa, Sep 2, 2004
  2. paulwawa

Ross

Hmm,
    Enviromental sensors. Try...

Analog Process Control Services
    24 Fred St, Lilyfield, NSW 2040 Australia

http://www.apcs.net.au/products/premier/rth09ft.html

They have some neat equipment. They mostly output as a variable DC current so its easy to capture using the defunct Minder product and with some creative coding, gain results.

And yes the models I've used work really well. I suppose it depends on the code behind the output more than "do they work?"
    Cheers

Ross, Sep 2, 2004
  3. paulwawa

CC&C

paulwawa,

I don't know what sort of signal is going to be output from your Sensors, however, just as a heads-up I had the following problems with the general input unit which I have sent to the technical support but I don't know if they will be incorporated into a service pack release:

You need to be aware that the software writes to the default application addresses, ie 38 for lighting (38), etc. every time you fire up the GUI even though you might be using different addresses for General input unit. I discovered this as a problem because I was using address 01 for lighting and kept on getting several errors.

The second thing is if you are using 0-1VDC sensors, you need to select 0-5VDC as the scaling factors for 0-1VDC appear to have been put into the 0-5VDC position. If you select 0-1VDC your sensors will simply read zero as the scale fator appears to be missing. The 0-10VDC works OK, but if you have 0-5VDC sensors you'll have to wait for a service pack in order to get them to work properly.

I've connected a temperature and humidity sensor along with an Anemometer. The sensors were from RS and rather expensive, but the ones that Ross is referring to look quite good.

Cheers, CC&C.

CC&C, Sep 3, 2004
  4. paulwawa

brett_lynn

humidity sensors

paul i have found some humidity sensors that will work with c-bus

email me on monday and ill grab the info from work as i dont have in on me at the moment

cheers brett

brett_lynn, Sep 4, 2004
Ask a Question