Html pages on Colour c-touch ??

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by markj1, Sep 13, 2005.

1. markj1

markj1

Hi,

Is this possible with the colour touch screen or is Html limited to Homegate??.

markj1, Sep 13, 2005
  2. markj1

Richo

HTML is not supported on the Colour Touch Screen ... yet!

Richo, Sep 13, 2005
  3. markj1

mikegriff

Hi Richo

Is this why the HTML button is greyed out?
    And I assume page 6 of the User's Guide is talking of something in the future??
    Mike

mikegriff, Sep 15, 2005
  4. markj1

Richo

Most probably.

I must admit to not having seen the User's Guide so I can't comment on it's contents. But if it refers to HTML then most likely it was a mistake rather than careful planning for future features. :D

Richo, Sep 16, 2005
  5. markj1

mikegriff

I believe you!!

Whilst I have your attention can I have a bit of help (please)

I have a main Home Automation PC which has most of my Cbus stuff on and has a PC interface (serial) and a PAC (USB)

My Main PC in my study connects via cgate on the home Automation PC for normal control

BUT

sometimes I need to design stuff on the study PC This can also connect directly to cbus via a CNI which has it's own C-gate and hence its own TAG file

QUESTION

what is the best way of keeping the C-gate tag file in sync?
    I have tried back up and restoring the project but somehow it always seems to get stuck.
    Normally ending with me quiting the program with Task Manager (NOT GOOD)

this has become more obvious whilst programing and transfering PICED to C-Touch or the Colour Touch screen

I notice that the transfer util on PICED has a built in transfer of the tag files!

ANSWER

Could we have a "Sticky" explaining how you work on one project with two or more PC's

Thanks in advance
    Mike
    Please move this to a revelant section if needed

mikegriff, Sep 16, 2005
  6. markj1

Darren Senior Member

I usually just cheat by copying the C-Bus project XML tag file from one computer (c:\clipsal\c-gate2\tag\*.xml) to the other. You need to start C-Gate after doing this so that it sees the new file.

Darren, Sep 16, 2005
  7. markj1

Richo

Richo, Sep 16, 2005
  8. markj1

mikegriff

If Toolkit and Homegate could use Cgate at the same time Richo's prefered way would be fine as everything could just use the one interface. As it is I have to shut cgate down in between using one or the other. And hence the need for a second interface which just runs toolkit, But then I have to keep the tag files in sync.....

thanks
    Mike

mikegriff, Sep 16, 2005
  9. markj1

Richo

Arr yes, sorry. I forgot that there is some conflicts when running both. There are plans to address this problem.

You should never have to shutdown C-Gate, only HomeGate. It would be possible to setup a remote way to do this given enough IT knowledge (and remote start).

Richo, Sep 18, 2005
  10. markj1

mikegriff

I know you are just recovering from the Ashes but this statemant makes no sence at all Richo :)

We have tried all ways to get Homegate to work with toolkit and the only way that works successfully is to close both down and start afresh, somewhere on the forum Darren confirms this
    If there is a way PLEASE TELL US, preferably in simple terms so that our LACK of IT knowledge can understand ;-)

"slightly toungue in cheek"

On a serious note, is the colour touch screen running the latest version of Homegate?
    Mike

mikegriff, Sep 18, 2005
  11. markj1

Darren Senior Member

The latest released software for the Colour C-Touch is a special version of HomeGate V2.7

A new version is about to be released soon.

Darren, Sep 19, 2005
  12. markj1

Richo

:D

Given that you quoted two statements I will explain both.

"You should never have to shutdown C-Gate, only HomeGate."

To the best of my knowledge there is only one circumstance where it is required that C-Gate would need to be restarted during normal operation. This condition is when you plug in USB based PCI devices (PAC) and you want to access the device using the virtual COM Port. Other than that you should never need to restart C-Gate is normal operation no matter what products you have used (HomeGate, S+, Tica, Toolkit etc..).

If you have a senerio you can describe where restarting C-Gate is the only solution then please let us know!

"It would be possible to setup a remote way to do this given enough IT knowledge (and remote start)."

This is refering to the task of remotely stopping and restarting HomeGate. This invoves configuring a remote management interface of some description on the remte machine and using that to remotely shutdown and restart HomeGate as needed. If you use Windows XP this is built in other options involve remote desktop viewers like VNC or command based control like Telnet.

I had acknowledged that these issues exists. Basically before using Toolkit shutdown Homegate. After using Toolkit restart Homegate. At no point however should you need to shutdown C-Gate.

I hope my comment regarding "given enough IT knowledge" wasn't taken as some sort of insult. It was nothing more than a remark that if you have the appropraite IT knowledge that remote computer management was possible. Sorry if it offended.

Richo, Sep 19, 2005
Ask a Question