HSPC Cable no longer available?

Discussion in 'Infrared (NIRT, IR Reader) and CIRCA' started by Merge, Sep 23, 2009.

1. Merge

Merge

Hi Everyone

I understand that the High Speed Prog Cable for the NIRT is no longer available - a little inconvenient since I need to get an urgent job out and as always, what the hell did I do with the last one...?

Could someone from the forum or CIS tell me about the pin out and what the flat connector is - basically how to make up my own lead with a mod RS232 cable.

Cheers

Richard

Merge, Sep 23, 2009
  2. Merge

Frank Mc Alinden

Frank Mc Alinden, Sep 23, 2009
  3. Merge

Newman

The 5100HSC is the serial programming cable for the 5034NIRT. This has been superseded by the 5100HSCU, which is a USB cable for programming the 5034NIRT.

As Frank says, the 5100HSC is not just an RS232 cable but has some electronics in it to do some magic tricks.

After using the 5100HSCU, you will never go back to the old serial one. It's 57,382,418.3 time faster.

*** Disclaimer: I can't remember if that's exactly .3 or .4 so I'm being conservative and going with .3) ***

Newman, Sep 23, 2009
  4. Merge

Merge

Hi Newman and Frank

Thanks for that conservative estimate and advice - I must say the old download speed was a little titchy *

Here's my problem - I'm in the UK and it's for the most important customer. Us! Our showroom to be exact. Any chance I could buy one direct and Fedex from Aus. Schneider UK have a lead time of like 17 weeks or something :(

Thanks again

Richard

Merge, Sep 24, 2009
Ask a Question