How to trigger scene in Touchscreen with PIR ?

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by JohnC, Apr 20, 2006.

1. JohnC

JohnC

Hi all,

I need a "complete newbies guide" about how to do the following... I've read everything I can find, and am more confused now than when I started :) It might be complex or trivial, but since I have no experience with this kinda stuff it seems impossible to my small mind !

Client wants an Exterior PIR to trigger a scene. And we need to be able to Enable and Disable that scene, dependant on whether they are HOME or AWAY. I will store the scene in a B&W T/S (already on site).

In "HOME" mode, the PIR should act "normally", and turn an associated Exterior light on and off (eg: the light near the garage should come on). That is a straight 1:1 on a single GA, so that's easy enough

In "AWAY" mode, the PIR should turn on multiple interior lights on a timer. So, if PIR triggered, Cbus should NOT turn on exterior lights, but instead should turn on some interior lights so it looks like people are at home. Then after a pre-defined time it should turn off the lights
    - I guess it must pulse the scene, coz I can't set a second scene at the end of the time can I ? That would actually be quite cool if it was possible.

Basically, it's a security application - they want a first-line of defense apart from the alarm. What has happened previously (3 times now) is that the house has been broken into even though the alarm was triggered (a smash and grab type scenario) - the client thinks that Cbus will defend him more by "tricking them" before they break in :confused: :confused:

Anyway, can I do such a thing without a logic engine ? If so (and I'm sure there must be a way) then how on earth do I set up all the GAs, Applications, Enable Groups, Pulsing, etc that I read so much about, yet that mostly go straight over my head :eek:

Thanks in advance, John

JohnC, Apr 20, 2006
  2. JohnC

Matty

Hi JohnC,

Its quite easy and you're almost there already. The best way is to use the home/away GA to enable and disable the PIR. This will mean that the scene is disabled when the exterior light is on and enabled when the exterior light is turned off.

The PIR can be left on the lighting application. The lighting GA thats issued when the PIR is triggered can be used to trigger the scene in the touch screen.

The scene in the touch screen can be set to pulse GA's on for the required time or the on command from the PIR can trigger an on scene and the off command from the PIR (at timeout) can trigger an off scene.

No logic required.

Regards,

Matty

Matty, Apr 21, 2006
Ask a Question