How to setup a dimmer with timer

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by deandob, Dec 31, 2005.

1. deandob

deandob

This should be a simple question but I can't find the answer for it in both this forum and the manuals. I want to use the standard dimmer function on a saturn light switch that has with short keypresses toggles the memory ramp level, and with long key presses adjusts the ramp level and saves to memory. The standard dimmer function in toolkit does this fine, but I can't work out how to put a timer on it. I have played with a few of the commands like retrigger timer and ramp recall but can't make the standard dimmer function work with a timer.

I'd prefer to search for these answers myself rather than post what should be a simple FAQ, so if you can answer my question, please also tell me where I can find this info in the manuals so I can learn what the other keypress functions do.

Regards,

Dean

deandob, Dec 31, 2005
  2. deandob

deandob

Found my answer, use the memory toggle 2 function for short press on and retrigger timer for short press off.

I'd still like to know where there is a description of what the various key functions do (eg. what happened to memory toggle 1?).

Regards,
    Dean

deandob, Dec 31, 2005
  3. deandob

Don

Have a look at my post on http://www.cbusforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143&highlight=timer+dimmer
    for some explanation of timer functions.

As for memory toggle 1, it was never implemented. Wired C-Bus has a set of only 16 microfunctions, including IDLE, so there are a few holes. Wireless C-Bus has expanded this enormously. As this limitation has nothing to do with the protocol, and everything to do with the unit firmware, I expect that wired units will follow the wireless model eventually.

Don

Don, Jan 3, 2006
Ask a Question