How to re-enable network clock when unable to connect to C-BUS network

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wiser 1 Controller' started by GBPKA1, Jun 30, 2014.

1. GBPKA1

GBPKA1

I have a C-Bus network made up of a Wiser Router, a DIN Rail 8 Channel Dimmer (L5508D1A) and 4 Saturn switches. I have (unfortunately) managed to disable all clocks on the network and am no longer able to connect to the network via C-Bus tool kit to re-enable a clock. I have disconnected all the Saturn switches and now have only the Wiser and Dimmer connected. The C-Bus slight on the dimmer is off (power supply on the dimmer is the only power supply for the network). The C-Bus network light on the Wiser is red. The CNI is visible via IP Utility.

I have tried doing a hard reset on the Wiser router but had no joy.

Grateful for your advice on how to remedy this, e.g. ability to do a factory reset or similar.

GBPKA1, Jun 30, 2014
  2. GBPKA1

DarylMc

3. GBPKA1

GBPKA1

Struggling to get my dimmer into learn mode

Thanks for the quick response. Have tried the approach suggested but am not able to get my dimmer into learn mode. When I power down the dimmer and then power up again the Channel 8 light always comes on. The unit light is on and stable. If I subsequently select another channel toggle button, it lights, but the unit light begins to flash. Holding down any toggle button for 10+ seconds reverts it to channel 8 being lit and the unit light being stable. C-bus light off throughout. Any thoughts?

GBPKA1, Jun 30, 2014
  4. GBPKA1

DarylMc

Hi
    From those instructions to enable the clock.
    10 second hold to enter learn mode.
    Unit and CBus lights should flash alternately (read the link below).
    If not maybe someone has disabled learn mode on the output unit using Toolkit.

Once in learn mode only 2 second hold to enable the clock.

If learn mode has been disabled on all your output units I think you will temporarily need some hardware with an active clock.

Have a read of this document, particularly the "establishing learn mode" chapter.
    http://www2.clipsal.com/cis/__data/page/2857/9_CBus_Learn_Mode.pdf

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2014
    DarylMc, Jul 1, 2014
  5. GBPKA1

GBPKA1

Thanks. I'll take a look.

GBPKA1, Jul 1, 2014
Ask a Question