How to Instructions -5500NAC to SmartThings (Zigbee & Z-Wave)

Discussion in 'C-Bus Automation Controllers' started by AntDwyer3875, Jan 13, 2020.

1. AntDwyer3875

AntDwyer3875

Can anyone provide any clues as to how I might integrate my existing 5500NAC with SmarthThings so that I can automate Zigbee and or Z-Wave devices specifically door locks?
    It's frustrating that my continued investment into the Cbus ecosystem seems fraught with roadblocks everywhere and very few in the community really knowing how to make to sing!

AntDwyer3875, Jan 13, 2020
    1. Advertisements

2. AntDwyer3875

Pie Boy

This is how I plan to do it Zigbee to> MQTT , MQTT to> SHAC, have ordered the parts just waiting for them to arrive.... Take a look at https://www.zigbee2mqtt.io.
    I think to get a ZigBee dongle working on the SHAC would be possible but not easy, you would have to find a dongle that works first. I'm going for the less time consuming way, for me anyway.

Pie Boy, Jan 14, 2020
    1. Advertisements

3. AntDwyer3875

AntDwyer3875

Interesting can you update this post once you get the parts and configure. Ordering all the parts and following these instructions seems pretty straight forward. The next steps integrating into the SHAC is where I'm unsure.

AntDwyer3875, Jan 21, 2020 at 11:08 AM
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question