How to enable a schedule from a custom page

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by mgedrych, Jan 16, 2009.

1. mgedrych

mgedrych

Is it possible to enable the currently selected schedule on a custom schedule edit page that I've based on the example template?

I've got a button using the in-built system IO "Schedule Enabled", but this appears to be read-only. The only options in the "Key Function" drop-down on the "System IO" tab are "Unused" and "Status". Why no "On/Off" option?

mgedrych, Jan 16, 2009
  2. mgedrych

NickD Moderator

You are correct - the Schedule Enabled in-built system IO is just for *reading* the current enabled/disabled state of the schedule from the logic engine.

You can set an Enable Group to control the Enabled/Disabled state of the schedule, and then if needed you can control this (and hence enable/disable the schedule) from logic.

As for why - my guess is because there was already a way to do it as described above.

Nick

NickD, Jan 18, 2009
  3. mgedrych

Darren Senior Member

Not at the moment. It will be possible with the next release of the software. Issue #13549

The reason why it hasn't been done previously is that it is a bit tricky. It is easy to enable a schedule, because we have an enable group and an enable level (value), but it is not really possible to know what is the best enable level to use to disable the schedule. You may have a set of mutually exclusive schedules using the same enable group, and disabling one may enable a different one.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2009
    Darren, Jan 19, 2009
Ask a Question