How to create scene with e2000 switch

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by madhawa.weerasooriya, Apr 19, 2010.

1. madhawa.weerasooriya

madhawa.weerasooriya

Hi,

Any body pls let me know how can i create scence by using E2000 seires switches if I have PAC as well.

How to trigger the scene that makes in the PAC by hard key input.

Regards,
    Madhawa

madhawa.weerasooriya, Apr 19, 2010
  2. madhawa.weerasooriya

Newman

There are 2 parts to this. The first is to Store the scene in the PAC. The second is to configure the E2000 switch to remotely trigger the scene.

PAC Configuration

• Open your PAC project.
    • Open the Scene Manager in PICED and click the Add button on the right hand side. The Scene Editor will appear.
    • Give the Scene a meaningful name in the Scene Name field.
    • Select the Scene Trigger tab. This is where the remote triggering bit is important. Leave the Application at Trigger Control. Create a new Group Address (the green cross to the right) called something meaningful, like "Lounge Scenes".
    • For the Action Selector, create a new one by clicking the green cross to the right of this field. Use a value like Action Selector 002 and call it something meaningful, like Lounge All On Scene.
    • On the Scene components select which groups you want to use in your Scene and set their levels.
    • Click through the OK buttons and save this project to the PAC.
    • Close PICED.
    • Disconnect the USB cable from the PAC.
    The firmware version in your E2000 switch will influence how easy the next step is.

E2000 Configuration, firmware 1.00 or 1.2.67
    On the Unit Identification tab, set the Application field to Trigger Control
    Select the Key Group as the same Trigger Group you configured in your PICED project for the Scene (e.g. Lounge Scenes).
    Select the function for the key as Trigger 1.
    When the pop-up dialogue appears, select the same Action Selector that you assigned to your Scene in PICED (e.g. Lounge All On).
    Save to the unit.

E2000 Configuration, firmware 2.0.00 or newer

Select the key function as Scene.
    When the pop-up dialogue appears, select the Trigger Group you configured in your PICED project for the Scene (e.g. Lounge Scenes).
    Select the same Action Selector that you assigned to your Scene in PICED (e.g. Lounge All On Scene).
    Click OK to this dialogue and save to the unit.

Newman, Apr 20, 2010
  3. madhawa.weerasooriya

madhawa.weerasooriya

Thanks newman...it's a great help..

madhawa.weerasooriya, Apr 20, 2010
  4. madhawa.weerasooriya

madhawa.weerasooriya

Hi Newman,

One more concern about above problem.Can we use to toggle norma lighting grooup once the E2000 switch application set to "trigger control"????

Or do we have to use seperate switch for each of these applications?

Regards,
    Madhawa

madhawa.weerasooriya, Apr 22, 2010
  5. madhawa.weerasooriya

Newman

If the E2000 switch has firmware 2.0.00 or newer, then you don't need to put the switch on the Trigger Control application. You just assign a key as a Scene key.

If the E2000 has earlier firmware, then putting the unit on the Trigger Control Application will put all keys on the Trigger Control application, which will stop you using them for normal lighting.

To solve this problem, you can program the E2000 Scene Trigger key to use the lighting application, and then change your Scene programming so that it also uses the Lighting application, not Trigger Control.

In a PAC/C-Touch you can use the lighting application to remotely trigger a Scene, and it will work, but using Trigger Control is better if you can.

Newman, Apr 22, 2010
  6. madhawa.weerasooriya

madhawa.weerasooriya

Hi Newman,

Thanks for yor kind response...

1. My E2000 switch firmware is 1.2.67.
    I had tried your method to trigger the scene but it wasn't worked.

Wht i need to do is asgning a master switch for several light circuits.

Say that I need to turn OFF those lights by this master switch.I'm not that clear about how to detrmine the action selector for this particular thing.

I tried to do it several ties but i failed.

2. How can i trigger scence which is stored in PAC by using NEO switch,Do i need to use the same method or is ther any other method ????

Appreciate your instructions....

Regards,
    Madhawa

madhawa.weerasooriya, Apr 23, 2010
  7. madhawa.weerasooriya

Newman

You're going to need to be more specific.

Are you wanting to control lights that are programmed to other buttons on the E2000? Are you wanting to control lights that are not programmed into the E2000?

To do this, set the function of the Neo key unit to Scene. Assign the Trigger Group and Action Selector as normal. Leave the contents of the Scene blank. By doing this, pressing the Neo key will transmit the Action Selector onto the network. This will trigger the Scene stored in the PAC (assuming the PAC is programmed correctly).

Newman, Apr 23, 2010
Ask a Question