How to create gentle on/off ramp in PICED for touch screen

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by tobex, Mar 25, 2012.

1. tobex

tobex

I have an old 4 button scene controller which does a wonderful job of switching my office lights on and off over 4 seconds.

How do I replicate the same in PICED with a touchscreen ? I find that if I hold the button it ramps nicely but it only comes on / off instantly when pressed shortly.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2012
    tobex, Mar 25, 2012
  2. tobex

Darren Senior Member

You can have an "on/off" key function with a selectable ramp.

The "dimmer" key function uses and instant on/off with a selectable ramp. There is no ability for a dimmer to have a selectable ramp time for the on/off.

You could use a dimmer to control a dummy group address, then map this across to the desired group with the required ramp using logic.

Darren, Mar 26, 2012
  3. tobex

tobex

Thanks - works nicely.

But now I cant reverse the dimming process or dim by holding the button.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2012
    tobex, Mar 26, 2012
  4. tobex

Darren Senior Member

Try this logic code:

Code:
    once GetCBusTargetLevel("Local", "Lighting", "Group 1") <> GetCBusTargetLevel("Local", "Lighting", "Group 2") then
      SetLightingLevel("Group 2", GetCBusTargetLevel("Local", "Lighting", "Group 1"), "4s");
    Group 1 is a dimmer (short press toggles, long press dims). Group 2 tracks group 1 except that it always uses a 4 second ramp rate.

The one aspect of this that does not work is if you switch group 1, then group 2 will ramp on/or off (as expected) but then if you ramp group 1 while group 2 is still ramping, then the two get out of sync.

Darren, Mar 29, 2012
Ask a Question