How to connect mecanichal key card to cbus

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by madhawa.weerasooriya, Dec 20, 2009.

1. madhawa.weerasooriya

madhawa.weerasooriya

Hi,

I need to connect mechanical key key card unit which have dry contacts to the cbus system.
    I used to connect it through the bus coupler,Need to know how should i program it.
    On/Off action is not suit for this thing.Any issue of using bell push key action to this operation...?

Pls appreciate your commnets.

thanks

madhawa.weerasooriya, Dec 20, 2009
  2. madhawa.weerasooriya

Newman

By default, a Bus Coupler is programmed so that when the contacts close it turns on the Group Address. When the contacts open it turns off the Group Address.

If your key card unit closes it's contacts when the card is inserted and opens it's contacts when the card is removed then it sounds like the Bus Coupler will do what you want with the default programming.

Newman, Dec 20, 2009
  3. madhawa.weerasooriya

ranilroshan

hi Madhawa,

You have to use bell press function for this purpose, ON/OFF won't work.
    You can use CLIPSAL Electronic key card ( E3031EKTH or U31EKTH) with a small modification of the internal circuit. Contact me for further clarification.

Rgd

Ranil Roshan
    [Metropolitan Engineering (Pvt) Ltd]

ranilroshan, Dec 21, 2009
  4. madhawa.weerasooriya

ranilroshan

Hi Madhawa

If you are using mechanical key card reader, you can use timer function to delay off the lights. Standard electronic key card reader is design to delay off after removing the card. (delay is 30 Sec)

Rgd

Ranil

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2009
    ranilroshan, Dec 22, 2009
Ask a Question