How to avoid the multi sensor blue light but still have occ sens

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by muppets, Jan 7, 2009.

1. muppets

muppets

The set up I accidentally found that rids us of the blue light disco in our bedrooms:

set up an input - ie light switch as dimmer or simple toggle
    use a secondary app on this input ie trigger. and configure the block tab with the secondary app on the same button as the switch/toggle - key is now set up as a multiple input.

configure the senpill as you would normally for occ sensing - I like the lights to ramp up so I set up the short press as ramp recall 1 (which is set on 100%) that way I have a nice ramp up and down on occ sensor - set ramp 1 and 2 as 4 secs etc. Enter a lighting group to enable/disable the pir under the occupancy tab.

next there is a bit of logic in my ctc :

if GetCBusState(254, "Lighting", enable/disablegroup) = ON then
    once GetTriggerLevel(secondaryapptrigger) <> 255 then
    begin
    SetCBusLevel(254, "Lighting", enable/disablegroup, 0, 4);
    SetTriggerLevel(secondaryapptrigger, 000);
    end;

Then set up a scene that sets the enabling group on the pir and also the trigger (secondary app) that is attached to the key input unit.

Set up a schedule for the scene that is listed above - this is to come on say 1 hr before sunset - set it either as pulse for 4 hours or just to stay on.

The way this works is the lights will come on as per occ sensor usual set up after 1 hr before sunset. Should anyone hit the key after this time the first key press (whilst the lights are on from the occ sensor) will disable the occ sensor (through the above logic), this kills the blue light and means the lights won't come on when you roll around in bed. The switch will still act as a dimmer/toggle as per usual and once 1 hr before sunset rolls around again the process starts over.

I also have some logic set up to enable/disable the schedule via the ctc in case anyone doesn't like the occ sensor light control.

PS the IR control still works when the blue light is out! yay.

I can give extra info if requested - I have a hard time explaining the way i have the gui set up though but I can get screen shots if anyone needs.

muppets, Jan 7, 2009
  2. muppets

kiwi64ajs

Hi Muppets,

Can you post some screen shots of how you've configured things as you described?

I have tried various things to get the Blue LED light to go out completely and I have it configured the Indicator brightness to be driven from Block 1 which I set to OFF at night and this works quite well but the Blue LED never goes out completely such that when the room is dark there is still a dim blue glow that I don't seem to be able to eliminate.

Regards

Alex Shepherd

kiwi64ajs, Dec 9, 2011
Ask a Question