How to add DALI application to network

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by SBL, Sep 15, 2010.

1. SBL

SBL

Hi Folks,

I have a project with multiple networks, using an ethernet CNI backbone.

I have gone to add in a DALI application, which is by default application 95.

On the previous networks it is named Dali ( i.e. not in all caps ).

By default, when I add in the new DALI application 95, toolkit makes me name it DALI in all caps and does not allow me to edit this name.

It then won't accept the DALI spelling, apparently because it is different to the application name on the other networks.

I also can't add in Dali at a different application address, as the toolkit tells me I have already used the name Dali at a different application address.

Not an easy problem to explain simply..I understand what Toolkit is trying to do relates more to bridged networks, which I am not using here.

The question then is how do I add further DALI applications to my remaining networks, now that I already have multiple networks named Dali, at application address 95?

SBL
    New Zealand

Toolkit version 1.11.2

SBL, Sep 15, 2010
  2. SBL

Newman

Go back to your original network and change the Application name from 'dali' to 'DALI'. Then, when you create the DALI application on your other networks the names will match and you won't get the error.

The name for Application 95 is not configurable, it must be 'DALI'. It sounds like the original application name of 'dali' was created in an earlier version of Toolkit, where this rule was not enforced.

Newman, Sep 15, 2010
  3. SBL

SBL

Hi again,

Have tried to rename origional groups from Dali to DALI but cannot do this for much the same reason.

Have found that we seem to be able to make the change by editing the application tag in the CGate tag file ( using notepad ).

Is this a reasonably safe approach?

regards

SBL

SBL, Sep 15, 2010
  4. SBL

Newman

You should only have to change the name of the Application, not the names of the Groups. Is that what you actually mean?

Editing the tag file in notepad is risky, but I can't think of any way that Toolkit will break if you get it right. Best only done to sort out this issue.

Newman, Sep 15, 2010
Ask a Question