How on earth do I ...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by phcjpp, Feb 7, 2006.

1. phcjpp

phcjpp

Hi All,

I have a dlt in a utility room with a single light/group in the room. I want to have 4 buttons like so.

On - 5mins
    On - 30min
    On - 1hr
    All Off

I initially programmed this with 4 scenes/action groups to get the labelling right but I cannot get the timer functionality.

I know you can get timers if I use groups but then I don't think I can get the lables right ?

Any ideas ?

Ta

Chris

phcjpp, Feb 7, 2006
  2. phcjpp

Mark

Unique labels for the same group

Hi Chris,

If you have your labels right, the best thing to do will be to deselect the "Dynamic Labelling" checkbox in the Toolkit UI for the DLT, then revert to controlling the group directly. This workaround will ensure the labels are not changed next time you save them to the network...

Alternatively, you could use Scene Modifiers with a timer function to acheive the required function, but it is necessary to first set the scene on the unit before a timer can be applied to it.

We are working on the ability to apply different labels to keys controlling the same group, and hope to have a gracefull fix for this soon.

Cheers,
    Mark.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2006
    Mark, Feb 7, 2006
  3. phcjpp

phcjpp

Thanks worked nicely.

C

phcjpp, Feb 7, 2006
  4. phcjpp

Gavin Nation

Probably cheating, but

I have a similar thing before with wanting to have the same group address of differing buttons with differing labels. I created some dummy groups and DLT names, downloaded the programming and then the labels. I then went back to program the switch the way I wanted to. It got me out of a tricky hole but propbably not the best way.

Cheers

Gavin Nation, Feb 9, 2006
Ask a Question