How many remote scenes can a DLT trigger?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Paul Shone, Aug 15, 2010.

1. Paul Shone

Paul Shone

Hi all,

I have a client with a large lounge that has 18 lighting groups, needing to be controlled through 7 scenes activated by one of two DLT's.

Due to the memory constaints of the DLT's (each scene of 18 groups uses 45%), these 7 scenes are part of a total of 14 scenes currently stored on a C-Touch situated in the clients Kitchen. For info the lounge scenes are under their own Trigger Group and each has it's own Action Selector.

Question: is it possible to remotely trigger all 7 scenes from the same DLT (i.e. one scene per key).

Currently I have the DLT's Secondary Aplication set to Trigger Group, Key Group set to the 'Lounge Scenes' Trigger Group, but the 'Funtion' drop down only alows me to select 'Trigger1 or Trigger2, and each only allows the use of one specific Action Selector. So it appears that maximum number of remote scenes you can trigger in this configuration is 2!?

Is this correct? or am I missing a trick here?

Thanks in advance,

Paul

Paul Shone, Aug 15, 2010
  2. Paul Shone

Newman

You're missing the trick.

Configure each of the keys on the DLT as a Scene key. Assign them each a unique Action Selector within the Trigger Group. Then, simply assign the key to an empty scene. This is the recommended method.

This will enable all 8 keys to be used to remotely trigger scenes. As a benefit, the key indicators will also properly track the set/broken states of the scenes.

Newman, Aug 15, 2010
Ask a Question