How do you add an address to a relay

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kerry, Sep 11, 2005.

1. kerry

kerry

:confused: Very easy for you guys, How do I add a new address ie Water feature to the drop down list choices. Then If I have channel 4 on Relay 4 empty for the water feature I should be able to choose this from the list to allocate the desired switch or switches to operate such?? Thanks, As I was orignally show upon start up but a year has gone by without me going near the system and now cannot remember.

kerry, Sep 11, 2005
  2. kerry

Duncan

Hi there Kerry, welcome to the Forums.

Which software are you using?

If you're using V2 then a right click gives menu choices.
    If your'e using Toolkit then there's a little button with a "+" on it next to the drop down.

Duncan, Sep 11, 2005
  3. kerry

kerry

Thanks Duncan I am on V2.0 the right click you mention, upon what screan do I try this option??
    Remember I am only trying to add a address or name of water feature for channel 4 on Relay 4 that is already on the system going (relay 4 channel 1-3 that is ) I thought there was a method of getting the system to find that the channel 4 now has something in it?? then you label from then? ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2005
    kerry, Sep 12, 2005
  4. kerry

UncleDick

Let's play TAG

Kerry,
    Scan the network, locate the relay unit that you want to make changes to (ie the one that has the channel 4 that you want to edit the name of), once the Grapic User Interface (GUI) comes up for the relay put you mouse pointer over the channel 4 field this may have 'unused' or a two diget 'hex' number in it or perhaps some 'tag' discription. Depending on what you find there and exactly what you want to do you may do any one of the following:

left mouse click and you will get a drop down box of all the discription 'tags' that you have already generated. select the one of those that you want to use by left mouse clicking on it and it should be loaded into the channel 4 field.

right mouse click and chose 'add new' this will allow you to create a new tag discription on a new hex number (the next free one will be automatically selected) and this will loaded to channel 4

right mouse click and chose 'change discription' this will show you the current hex address and the current 'tag' discription, you can typ over the discription to give it a new 'tag'. Note if the same current hex address or 'tag' exists in other channels of that unit or any other channel of any other unit or key input then they will be automatically updated when you make the change to this unit.

UncleDick, Sep 13, 2005
  5. kerry

kerry

Thank you very much guys have it all sorted sorry about the delay I was away and only downloaded tonight.

kerry, Oct 10, 2005
Ask a Question