How do I trigger a scene in a wireless Wall plug from wired key button?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by martymonster, Mar 15, 2006.

1. martymonster

martymonster

Hi,

Now that I have my wireless network working (and Toolkit working), I would like to be able to press a button on a wired wall plate (503x early version) which will run a scene on a wireless wall plug.

I have searched the forum but the info either is confusing or not what I would like it to do.

Is this possible?

Tanx
    Martin

martymonster, Mar 15, 2006
  2. martymonster

ashleigh Moderator

It sure is possible.

See my previous reply about getting basic lighting working over the gateway.

Get that working first.

THEN...

On your gateway, open this up (wired side) using Toolkit, and on the connections tab, set the SECOND application address to Trigger Control (hex CA).

This will cause scene trigger messages to be forwarded from the wired to the wireless network.

Next, define the scene trigger in the wired unit. You will need to dream up a TRIGGER GROUP and an ACTION SELECTOR. In wired units there are some constraints on these.

Then, program your scene (groups, levels, etc) in the wireless unit, and set it to be triggered by the same trigger group and action selector that you programmed into your wired unit.

Now you should be able to press a button on the wired unit, which will generate a scene trigger messages, which will pass through the gateway, and then trigger the scene in the wireless unit. The wireless unit in turn will issue a bunch of ramp group X to level Y style messages.

[The group commands of the scene will get passed back through the gateway (if you set it up to do so) into the wired network, where you could use them if you want to.]

ashleigh, Mar 15, 2006
  3. martymonster

martymonster

Hi,
    I tried all that but when I set a scene up in the wireless wall plug, I cannot find any option there to tell it what trigger group to use.

When I look at the CLIPSAL project that comes with Toolkit, you can set the trigger group when setting up a scene on a NEO unit.

Martin

martymonster, Mar 15, 2006
  4. martymonster

Duncan

After you've configured a button as a "Scene" key.. press the little button next to it.. you'll get a Dialog up thats lets you define the Control Group and Action Selector.. see below:

[​IMG]

Duncan, Mar 15, 2006
Ask a Question