How do group addresses get transferred to the network

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mjjafari, Jun 21, 2022.

1. mjjafari

mjjafari

I'm wondering when I make changes in a toolkit file, like creating new group addresses and triggers when I'm not connected to the network , how does it get transferred to the network ?
    I know that I can transfer unit programming to network , but how do I transfer group addresses created offline to the network ?

mjjafari, Jun 21, 2022
  2. mjjafari

Graham Lamb

When you are off line to cbus network and you make changes in toolkit they are only in the toolkit data base you need to conect to cbus network then save to network those changes.

Graham Lamb, Jun 21, 2022
  3. mjjafari

mjjafari

I know how to save unit programming to network , but how do you save newly created group addresses to network ?

mjjafari, Jun 21, 2022
  4. mjjafari

Ashley

You don't. Group addresses only exist in units. You save the unit. The group addresses in Toolkit just allow you to associate names with numbers for us humans. There is no list of group addresses (or names) saved in the network.

Ashley, Jun 21, 2022
  5. mjjafari

mjjafari

but you can have group addresses not used in units, like a trigger control or a dummy group address
    when I'm programming offline, and create trigger controls etc , what do I need to do when I get to site ?

mjjafari, Jun 21, 2022
  6. mjjafari

Wonkey

If the group address is not going to be used in a unit like a relay, key input etc and only used in a shac or NAC then you don't need to worry about it being transferred to the network as there is nowhere for it to go

Wonkey, Jun 21, 2022
  7. mjjafari

Ashley

Exactly. The SHAC, Touchscreen etc are still just units that are programmed with a different app. If no unit you program via toolkit uses the trigger control, it doesn't even need to be in the toolkit database, although it's a good ides to keep everything in sync.

Ashley, Jun 21, 2022
Ask a Question