How can I control 2 or more shutters?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by yi0rgos, Dec 7, 2012.

1. yi0rgos

yi0rgos

Hi guys,

I have a situation where the customer wants shutters to be controlled individually (done), but also he wants to control them as a group (the problem:))

I have a situation with 2 blinds in the bedroom, but also I have a situation of 10 blinds in the living room.

I tried to do it with the "Track Group" command, but no luck; I am using the C-Bus shutter relay for all of the blinds.

Any help we will be appreciated;

Kind Regards,

George

yi0rgos, Dec 7, 2012
  2. yi0rgos

Brendan Rogers

Home Automation control of multiple C-Bus blinds.

The most common way to control multiple blinds under C-Bus blind relay control, when you also want to maintain individual control, is to use Scenes.

Brendan Rogers, Dec 7, 2012
  3. yi0rgos

2SC

2SC, Dec 8, 2012
  4. yi0rgos

yi0rgos

...but with the scenes way, I am going to lose the stop function i.e midway; aren't I?

yi0rgos, Dec 8, 2012
  5. yi0rgos

Ashley

Create a 3rd scene with all ga's set to 2% and an action selector in the same action group (any number is fine)

To trigger it all from a single switch select trigger control as the secondary aplication. On the switch select the action group as the ga. Under long press select toggle and under short release select recall 1 then set recall 1 to the stop action selector. A long press on the button will toggle between up and down and a short press will stop everything. You can have the short release to do the toggling and long press to stop if you prefer.

This can also work without scenes if all the shutters are on the same switch. Set the individual switches up as above (i.e. long press toggle on the shutter ga, and short release set to recall 1 (or 2) of 2%). Then go to the blocks tab under the key column that you are using as a master, tick all the blocks controlling the individual shutters.

You can also use the area address to control multiple shutters, but this seems to be a bit frowned upon these days.

The important thing to remember is if you want to control multiple shutters you can't use the predefined shutter toggle functions (normal toggle is fine) as the toggling is done by the shutter relay and not the switch, so the shutters/blinds etc can easily get out of sync.

Ashley, Dec 10, 2012
  6. yi0rgos

yi0rgos

Thank you, very much.

yi0rgos, Dec 10, 2012
Ask a Question