Homesafe

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by Doug, Aug 24, 2004.

1. Doug

Doug

Is Homesafe designed to talk directly to C-bus and if so how? Also on the same thread when wiring third party devices to c-bus to you need to install your own cabling directly across push buttons?

Regards

Doug

Doug, Aug 24, 2004
  2. Doug

Michael

The Hamoesafe panel is NOT designed to talk directly to C-Bus, however you can do some basic interfacing using a bus coupler and the "arm and Aux" connector on the panel.
    As for the second question... dont entirly follow...... :(

Michael, Aug 25, 2004
  3. Doug

Doug

My second question is refering to something like a garage door opener that is normally operated by RF. I was wondering if a third party device that had a manual pushbutton on it, e.g the manual pushbutton for the garage door to open and another to close, could you wire your own set of straps across the button in parralel to a set of contacts on the relay so you could then assign a group address to that set of contacts and it would be the same as pushing the button. Or if there was an easier way.

Regards

Doug

Doug, Aug 25, 2004
  4. Doug

Wilko

Sounds ok, as long as the door controller is only looking for a contact closure to operate. You would have to make sure it only "pulsed" on, using the bell-press feature of a key input or a 1-second timer. See example attached.

Regards,

Attached Files:

Wilko, Aug 25, 2004
  5. Doug

Doug

Peter

Thanks for that I just wanted to check if it was a logical option. I'll give it a try.

Regards

Doug

Doug, Aug 25, 2004
Ask a Question