HomeSafe Security Panel Software

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Marinoff, Apr 18, 2006.

1. Marinoff

Marinoff

I have finally managed to obtain a Clipsal 5400/16CB security panel and I am wondering if anyone knows where I can buy or download the software for programming it from the PC ?

Marinoff, Apr 18, 2006
  2. Marinoff

Nathan

The Ness Website www.ness.com.au is where the software is found and you will need a lead to connect to the panel The part Number for the lead to connect to the DX range of panel is 450-185

This is a short lead I suggest you buy a DB-9 Extension lead. You will see what I mean when you get the lead.

Nathan, Apr 19, 2006
  3. Marinoff

Leigh

Is lead suitable?

(1) Is the lead that comes with a C-Bus PC Interface (5500PC) suitable to use?

(2) Is the software that can be downloaded from Ness compatable with the panel supplied by Clipsal which is fitted with the C-Bus module?

Leigh, Apr 21, 2006
  4. Marinoff

Nathan

yes the serial lead that comes with the PCI is fine but you will still need the 450-185 ness lead

It worked fine for me as the clipsal panel is made by ness they are the same same panel, same software etc

Nathan, Apr 25, 2006
  5. Marinoff

Jesmond

Guys,

I have been doing some research and it looks like you only need the NESS special cable if your laptop / PC does not have an RS232 port, as this cable is a USB to RS232 cable.

As my notebook has an RS232 port I am hoping my PCI cable will work on this panel.

Regards

Jesmond, Jun 19, 2006
  6. Marinoff

Nathan

The Lead in reference is a DB9 to Ness 4 pin connector that plugs into the ness panel. The Ness panel doesnt have a DB9 or USB thats what the lead is for. Cheers

Nathan, Jun 19, 2006
  7. Marinoff

ICS-GS

Software

I have looked on the ness website and connot locate the software... do you have to have a dealer login?

ICS-GS, Jun 19, 2006
  8. Marinoff

ICS-GS

The last thing i heard was that the software was a seperate clipsal part# (sold for around $70) as it should be a one off purchase...

ICS-GS, Jun 19, 2006
  9. Marinoff

Nathan

check your emails so I can try and help you out
    Cheers

Nathan, Jun 20, 2006
Ask a Question