Homesafe C-Bus Enabled Panel - Ness D16X

Discussion in 'Homesafe & Security Access & Control' started by CLP-500, May 13, 2007.

1. CLP-500

CLP-500

Has anyone got a copy of Ness D16x "NessComms? software" or know where to get it.:confused:
    Or does anyone know an effective way to program this unit?

Thanks.
    Max Nankervis:)

CLP-500, May 13, 2007
  2. CLP-500

Leigh

The software is listed on page 300 of the latest (April 2007) Clipsal Trade Product Guide. Cataloge No. is 5400S/2 and includes a cable. Not sure if it is available. It was listed in the previous cataloge but when I rang Clipsal it hadn't been released.

Leigh, May 13, 2007
  3. CLP-500

NickD Moderator

I have the 5400/16CB in my place.

I got a copy of the software and it looks quite nice, however attaching the desktop computer to the panel which is above the top shelf in the walk in robe proved too hard :)

I ended up programming the panel with the keypad and it was really quite simple, following the instructions in the manual.

Assuming it's the Clipsal version you have, I'm sure the tech support guys can walk you through it. If not, I assume Ness would have a similar tech support service.

Nick

NickD, May 14, 2007
  4. CLP-500

Nathan

The software is a handy tool. If you have multiple sites the Database is kept on the software and you can download in seconds or use it to back up projects. The other good thing about the software is you can upload other panel you may have no idea how they were programmed in seconds.The keypad is probally quicker and is used more often by our installers but for record keeping the software is the go. I assume the serial cable could be expanded (havent tried it)over cat5e to allow programming other than at the panel. Ness have stock of these cables and software

Nathan, May 14, 2007
  5. CLP-500

PSC

You will need the Clipsal 'upload/download' software to interface with C-Bus.

PSC, May 14, 2007
  6. CLP-500

CLP-500

Thanks

do u know if u gan activate and de-activate zones from colour ctouch
    ???

CLP-500, May 14, 2007
  7. CLP-500

PSC

No you can't.

You can arm, set scenes based on panel status i.e. armed, disarmed, alarm etc.

PSC, May 14, 2007
  8. CLP-500

Nathan

no not as far as i know

Nathan, May 14, 2007
Ask a Question