Homesafe 5400/16CB Tamper

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by ditaliano, Apr 15, 2012.

1. ditaliano

ditaliano

I've recently installed a Homesafe 5400 and have gone through all the programming options through the keypad, wired up the zones using the supplied 2k2 resistors in the N/C setup, with the resistor running in series to the zone input.
    I've also installed the tamper switch on the panel itself..

The problem is that no matter what I try the Tamper light is always showing on the Keypad..the system still lets me arm and disarm but I can't get rid of the damn Tamper.

I've tried disabling hardwired zones on the keypad so it ignores each zone to try and narrow down which zone was showing a tamper, but even with all zones disabled it still shows the tamper light.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

ditaliano, Apr 15, 2012
  2. ditaliano

Roosta

Hey mate..

There are generally 2 different tampers in a system.. One in the panel (white one which is normally open has a short lead which has a plug onto the control board) and one in the siren strobe box (black one which is normally closed which needs a resistor and is wired to tamper and 0v on the board)..

Check them both and make sure they are the right tamper for the right spot and that they are fitted correctly so they function..

Cheers,
    Nik

Roosta, Apr 15, 2012
Ask a Question