HomeGate vs. SchedulePlus

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by Jannie, Aug 21, 2004.

1. Jannie

Jannie

Hi,

I downloaded and installed both HomeGate and SchedulePlus demo packages. At first glance they appear identical, with the same functionality.

What are the differences?

Jannie

Jannie, Aug 21, 2004
  2. Jannie

Darren Senior Member

If you read the FAQ in the first post, you will see the differences there.

Darren, Aug 23, 2004
  3. Jannie

Wilko

The FAQs answer Jannie's question (which, just quietly, was my question too) but it's a shame the question needs to be asked. As the two packages are largely the same thing, one for home use and one for commercial use, shouldn't the name reflect this? For example, "C-Control Home" and "C-Control Commercial". This would identify the nature of the products straight away. Even us "technical" guys need things to be user friendly now and then.

I guess what this comes down to is a marketing failure, which isn't a concern for this forum.. might send an email to sales.

Wilko, Aug 24, 2004
  4. Jannie

Darren Senior Member

On the downloads page and the brochures it states "HomeGate provides control and monitoring of a domestic C-Bus system..." and "Schedule Plus provides control and monitoring of a commercial or industrial C-Bus system...". I think this makes the software purposes quite clear.

It is not always possible to capture the details of a product in the name, and I would say that the names are unlikely to be changed now :)

Darren, Aug 25, 2004
Ask a Question