HomeGate Plug-ins & Script Language?

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by BeoLinker, Aug 29, 2004.

1. BeoLinker

BeoLinker

Hi all,

Anybody know if there are plans to allow 3rd party plug-ins to be bolted into HomeGate v3? It would be nice to be able to centralise all PC driven home tasks into one "program" i.e. Media Player (MP3, DivX etc)

Also it would be nice to be able to go beyond the fixed parameters that the HomeGate controls offer. If the controls offered an custom action to be performed on a selectable event ie. OnLoad, OnClick, OnMouseOver etc it would be nice to be able to execute a simple script or macro. This would then broaden the scope of HomeGate to be a complete home solution i.e. check email, record tv programs, videophone etc (I could go on for hours). The actions could then be written in macro / script language, either proprietry or off the shelf i.e VBScript :rolleyes: , JavaScript :rolleyes: or DelphiScript :). Is something along these lines being developed in v3 or planned for the future?

Both of the above suggestions would save me allot of time as I wouldn't need to write my own software.

Another suggestion/query would be to allow HomeGate to load "skins" to make UI design quicker and promote sharing of resources.

Cheers
    Greg...

BeoLinker, Aug 29, 2004
  2. BeoLinker

Darren Senior Member

Supporting 3rd party plug-ins is not a trivial thing to do, and will not be happening in the near future. The software currently allows you to run 3rd party programs on a button click, which gives you the capability to run e-mail etc from HomeGate.

Some of the other features you have asked for may be available in the next release. Stay tuned :)

Darren, Aug 30, 2004
Ask a Question