Homegate old version running on Colour C Touch

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by ashwix, Nov 8, 2008.

1. ashwix

ashwix

When i try to program a c bus colour touch screen i get a message,which say i am are using an older version of home gate. The home gate version running on the colour touch screen is 3.7.0. I downloaded the 3.9.0 upgrade setup zip version and tried to install it on the touch screen but i get a message which says it cannot find the .sig file.

I am able to upload the project layout on the touch screen but the screen does not connect to the c bus network. Is it because of the incorret home gate version? I am using 1.8.3 toolkit version and 3.9.0 version of piced with a 3.9.0 version of schedule plus. I have already uploaded the colour touch firmware a few times already but i don't think that will make a difference.

How do i fix this problem ??

Note : I have already programmed one touch screen for a different room and it did not give me any errors.

ashwix, Nov 8, 2008
  2. ashwix

Mr Mark

CTC woes...

Having similar problem here tonight.

Just trying out some new logic (PICED 4.4.1), when I uploaded to the CTC it came up with similar notices.

The CTC has firmware version 4.3.0 and doesn't appear to accept the latest firmware update. The touch screen come up with the expected message of 'firmware updating, do not turn off power..... etc', but will not continue - even left it over night.

After leaving this over night, we cycled the power. The touch screen comes up with a message saying 'this project was programmed with a later version of Home Gate...'. Press OK to continue we next got a message saying the touch screen could not connect to C-Bus. Press OK again and the screen connects (with the latest project). A quick check with the CTC transfer wizard shows firmware version 4.3.0 is still installed, not 4.4.0.

Have tried this a few times now with the same results.

Mark

BTW: upgraded the firmware in a new unit during the week with the same laptop, cable and firmware with no problems. Is there a limit to the number of write cycles to a colour touch screen?

Mr Mark, Nov 8, 2008
  3. ashwix

Darren Senior Member

The Colour C-Touch firmware and sig file should both be in C:\Clipsal\PICED\Firmware. Make sure you select the firmware from this folder when doing the transfer.

No. This will not affect the C-Bus connection.

Check that the Colour C-Touch C-Bus cable has a good connection to C-Bus.

Darren, Nov 9, 2008
  4. ashwix

Darren Senior Member

We will look into this.

It is probably best to not update the Colour C-Touch more than a few million times, as it may wear out the flash card.

Darren, Nov 9, 2008
  5. ashwix

Mr Mark

Should be good for another half dozen or so then.... :rolleyes:

Thanks,

Mark

Mr Mark, Nov 10, 2008
Ask a Question