HomeGate Firmware must be updated

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by woodpd, Mar 14, 2021.

1. woodpd

woodpd

Hey guys,

The C-bus went a bit haywire earlier today and in resetting the C-Touch 5000CTC2 I accidentally clicked the Disaster Recovery icon as it was loading.

Now I am just getting the following message and can't seem to do anything about it:
    --------------
    This machine has had the Disaster Recovery process used.
    HomeGate Firmware must be updated
    --------------

I can connect with PICED and can see the software is quite old (HomeGate 1.1.0, CTC Server 1.5.4.0), have been able to transfer my project off the device onto my computer, but don't seem to be able to find the HomeGate Firmware online it is referring to and therefore how I can upgrade.

All I've found is https://updates.clipsal.com/ClipsalSoftwareDownload/mainsite/cis/technical/downloads/home_gate.html with more recent versions of the HomeGate software but no HomeGate Firmware as far as I can see. I have transferred across the latest C-Touch firmware but that upgrade process doesn't appear to kick off anyway and I just continue to see the message above.

Would really appreciate some advice/help here

woodpd, Mar 14, 2021
  2. woodpd

woodpd

I was eventually able to upgrade the c-touch firmware which did temporarily solve the issue. However now it's lost connection to the c-bus network and all the controllers don't have the c-bus light on and therefore don't work. Not sure how to move forward again as they won't enter learn mode.

woodpd, Mar 15, 2021
  3. woodpd

Trevor

Hi Woody,
    Can you elaborate on 'haywire', sounds like you may have a power problem somewhere, when you turn on the CTC2 does it show a splash screen with the connection details or do you just get the msg box saying no cbus comms?

regards
    Trevor

Trevor, Mar 17, 2021
  4. woodpd

woodpd

Hey Trevor, so haywire meant lights and heating etc coming on without being asked to and then again after being turned off. Some things not working at all etc.

On the CTC 2 it showed an icon with a red line through the text 'cbus' in the top left corner. I did later notice that the clock had got reset so i fixed that up, then the next morning everything was fine again.

I'm suspecting some water may have got into the cabling somewhere and then as it dried out then resolved the issue

woodpd, Mar 17, 2021
  5. woodpd

Trevor

Hi Wood,
    If the CTC2 lost the time/date that could affect your scene setup, and cause things to go on/off anytime.
    I work for Arbor Australia, we originally made the colour touch screens for Clipsal, so if you have any problems with that in the future please contact me directly

regards
    Trevor
    0404 887 463

Trevor, Mar 17, 2021
  6. woodpd

woodpd

Thanks Trevor

woodpd, Mar 19, 2021
Ask a Question