HomeGate 2.6, how long to sync??

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by MichaelCarey, May 17, 2005.

1. MichaelCarey

MichaelCarey

Hi Everybody,
    I'm wondering how long it should take for a HomeGate project to sync to a C-Bus network...
    I have a wired C-Bus network at home (plus a simple wireless one, but I don't have them linked with my Gateway yet due to a C-Gate v2 two network licencing issue with HomeGate), Toolkit works great but HomeGate don't like two (or more I suspect) networks!!
    I'm finding that I have to wait 10-15 minutes for HomeGate to sync to my local network, surely this isn't right? My connection is via a CNI and Tookit has no problem connecting at all.
    HomeGate v2.5 (and older) never took this long, any ideas??
    Regards,
    Michael.

MichaelCarey, May 17, 2005
  2. MichaelCarey

Darren Senior Member

Firstly, it isn't HomeGate which is syncronising, it is C-Gate. HomeGate is just reporting the status of the sync process.

The main difference between HomeGate V2.5 and V2.6 is the version of C-Gate it uses.

If it really is taking longer now then either C-Gate has changed how it does the sync process (which I will have to check up on) or something on your network has changed.

As for how long it takes, the simple (but useless) answer is "it depends". The sync time is proportional to the number of units on each network and the number of networks. For a single network, 10-15 minutes does seem a bit excessive. I will see what I can find out.

Darren, May 18, 2005
  3. MichaelCarey

MichaelCarey

Seems to be OK now, but can still take some time. Is there a "compatability" table for the different software that talks to C-Bus through C-Gate2, you mentioned that there is a different version of C-Gate2 between HomeGate 2.5 and 2.6....
    So far I have Toolkit working very well, HomeGate sort of working well and TICA working Ok too. Haven't bothered with the Beta PICED yet.

MichaelCarey, May 20, 2005
Ask a Question