Homegate 1/2 Networks Online (but not really)

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by abg, Feb 19, 2009.

1. abg

abg

I am running Homegate 4.4 with two networks connected via a bridge.

After connecting to C-Bus I get the message in the status line (as expected)
    Network 1/2 open OK
    Network 2/2 open OK

followed by '1/2 networks online'.

This should be followed by '2/2 networks online' but sometimes the '2/2 networks online' appears for a minute or two and then goes back to '1/2 networks online'. Sometimes it never appears and sometimes it stays.

There is nothing I can see in the log that indicates why. Interestingly though, all GAs on both networks respond to commands via Homegate even when it says only 1 network is online.

Just wondered if anyone could suggest what might be happening?

abg, Feb 19, 2009
  2. abg

______.

Sounds like your remote network is a little unstable on the comms side.

Can you scan from the network the Homegate is connected, into the remote network with Toolkit?
    Are you able to scan the problem network without any errors?
    Have you checked things like power, burden, too many clocks (don't have the clocked turned on at the bridge)

______., Feb 19, 2009
  3. abg

Darren Senior Member

You need to make sure you are logging C-Gate messages. You should see a message showing the change of network state. The preceeding messages should give an indication why.

Below is an example of a network going into error state:

You can see that C-Gate has started the synchronisation process for unit 3 (out of 10) at unit address 4. The messages have failed due to no response having been received from the unit (in this case due to a unit failure). This has then caused the network to go into an error state.

Darren, Feb 20, 2009
  4. abg

abg

Sorry, be offline for a while. Many thanks for the feedback.

All networks are scanning ok when "1/2 networks on line" is showing. There haven't been any errors in the log (that I've noticed). I've checked all clocks/burdens and did notice the clock was on on the bridge (thought this was off).

Will monitor and keep level 9 c-gate log, which hopefully should show any problems.

abg, Feb 27, 2009
Ask a Question