home save D16 Cbus Panel AUX relays

Discussion in 'Homesafe & Security Access & Control' started by Charlie Crackle, Sep 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charlie Crackle

Charlie Crackle

Is there any way to get a cbus command to turn on/off the AUX relays in the panel.

Charles

Charlie Crackle, Sep 21, 2006
  2. Charlie Crackle

Nathan

and turn the alarm off via a group address?????????

Ive heard this is coming along with the sec application.

But I wont hold my breath.

Nathan, Sep 22, 2006
  3. Charlie Crackle

cramer

At the moment you can only arm a HomeSafe from C-Bus, you can't disarm it because C-Bus is not a secured network, meaning you could plug a PC interface in to the network and eventually disarm the system.

However there is a work around, using zone 8. If you look at page 23 of the current manual you will see that you can arm and disarm the panel by using a momentary switch.

So if you substitute the switch with a C-Bus relay, and use a bell press function you're set.

Hope this has helped.

Cramer

cramer, Sep 24, 2006
  4. Charlie Crackle

Charlie Crackle

people are no understanding the question. I will rephrase....

there is an option 4 channel AUX relay board for the alarm. (this can not be bought via clipsal, even though it is in the trade price catalogue and on the CIS website) {need to buy direct from NESS}

I want to be able to change the state of these relays.

Nothing to do with arm or disarm.

(They control door LATCHs)

Charles

charles

Charlie Crackle, Sep 28, 2006
  5. Charlie Crackle

cramer

At the moment the only input from C-Bus that the Homesafe will accept is the Arm command, therefore you cannot turn on or off the state of an aux channel from C-Bus.

How come you have to use the Homesafe outputs, could you just use a C-Bus relay instead?

cramer, Sep 28, 2006
  6. Charlie Crackle

ashleigh Moderator

I'd urge anybody using such an option to be VERY VERY careful.

Anything that allows a security system to be disarmed without use of an access code or PIN comprises a very big back door. Know the weakness, you can disarm the system without knowing the code.

Doing this is a bad practice, and should be strongly discouraged.

ashleigh, Sep 28, 2006
  7. Charlie Crackle

_____.

If the owner knows the weakness, then it's not bad practice (only bad practice if the owner isn't given the info).

You SHOULD be able to disarm via the C-Bus protacol if you want (it would be safer then using a C-Bus relay). This could be used for things like a night arm/disarm next to the bed and remember you can always put a code on the touch screen which would be secure, yes i know someone could log onto the network through a PCI and one by one turn on/off group addresses, but if they are that keen to get in the sirens won't stop them. You could also log in then via a telephone interface or into Homegate and disarm your system to let someone into the house. The homesafe panel isn't used for banks remember, it's a 16 zone panel for HOUSES and these sort of features are what home owners love. I've done these things in many houses and when you tell the owner of the weakness in the system they never care.
    SO lets make it easy for the programmers instead of having to do the same things through back doors !!!!!!;)

_____., Oct 5, 2006
  8. Charlie Crackle

ashleigh Moderator

Sorry. You are entitled to your opinion, and to do this kind of thing if you wish. CIS does not support or condone creating a weakness in a security system, and will not provide support for such a weakness.

ashleigh, Oct 5, 2006
  9. Charlie Crackle

_____.

Thats fair enough Ash, I can see where you are also coming from. Bear in mind that other alarm system do allow you to this this sort of thing through C-Bus eg Concept 3/4K. but as you said we all have our own opinions :)

_____., Oct 6, 2006
  10. Charlie Crackle

Nathan

I agree with ______. having disarming facilty is preffered by most installers I speak to. "Bad practice" is gettting the C-Bus products (Not the Ness D16X)made overseas using cheap labour then upping the price. What the? not to mention all the QA on the product. Our returns on defective parts have gone through the roof. Also you might want to check the doco on products you rebadge. The keyswitch disarming. Page 23 P60E,2E,3E Note: The keyswitch always disarms both area 1 and area2. This is infact incorrect it only disarms area 1. Can someone update this doco I have confimed this is incorrect with Ness engineering and was lucky that Ness could turn around a panel with this option overnight.

Nathan, Oct 8, 2006
  11. Charlie Crackle

PSC

On the money Nathan, never a truer work spoken! :cool:

PSC, Oct 9, 2006
  12. Charlie Crackle

ashleigh Moderator

No comment.

Please report to CIS QA. Phone 08 8345 9500 and ask for the Quality Manager.

In fact the doco is written by the OEM - ie Ness. Please report this defect to the product manager. Phone 08 8345 9500 and ask to speak to the product manager for security products.

ashleigh, Oct 9, 2006
  13. Charlie Crackle

Nathan

Do these people have names? are they in Australia?
    We are very lucky that we a great clipsal Electrical Rep (John Suffolk) in Newcastle that sorts out most of our product faults. Its a pitty that we have no replacement CIS rep and our CIS Team leader is also leaving. Im looking forward to the virual rep from china that can sort out our product faults and stock issues.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2006
    Nathan, Oct 9, 2006
  14. Charlie Crackle

ashleigh Moderator

These people have names. I'm not putting names into a public forum - that would be somewhat impolite.

ashleigh, Oct 9, 2006
Ask a Question