Home Minder Problem

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by Nikos, Oct 19, 2004.

1. Nikos

Nikos

I'm new in C-Bus so I have a lot of problems trying to do my first application.
    The one I need your help for is:
    I have a homeminder with a 5232Ti/2 phone card and all seemed to be working allright until I hanged up the controler from the Homeminder sorftware. It seems that when the pc(and the project) is not linked with the minder,5232Ti/2 phone card can not dial the numbers I've specified in the notifications groups when an alarm invokes (although the leds show that everything work ok). I hope someone can help and as soon as posible cause I have to finish this project before the end of the week.

Thank you for your time.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2004
    Nikos, Oct 19, 2004
  2. Nikos

Gerald

Minder Tel Card

Not too sure how you have got it set up.

With the telephone card you have to make sure that EVERTHING you get the card to do (Scenarios) will re select the MAIN because the Tele card causes the Scenario made to run to become selected, thereby negating any other logic/action of the Minder.

See what other offers you get. Gerald

Gerald, Oct 20, 2004
  3. Nikos

[IL]NewGen

phone interace from homeminder isn't as flexible as the standalone cbus phone int. might want to steer away from it and just call scenes (group addresses) via that unit instead... :D (this is just a suggestion)

[IL]NewGen, Oct 20, 2004
  4. Nikos

Nikos

Thank you all for answering so quickly.

Gerald I don?t think that this is the problem because the only thing that the telephone card does is changing some flags and nevertheless I have no problem to access the homeminder by the phone and do something. The problem is that the minder doesn?t seem to be able to call me(the phones I gave in notification groups) when an alarm is raised (and this happens only if I?m not linked to minder with the software).

[IL]NewGen I?ll probably try your suggestions in future projects if there are any but right now I?ve got not time to do it since I have to buy one(CBus phone Interface) and learn how to use it.

Right now, after re-installing the project to the minder and tried to be sure that I hang up properly with controller before exiting the software (I also use now a PSTN line than an ISDN I did use when the problem occurred), everything seems to work fine, but I?m not sure that they will keep working.

Thanks.

Nikos, Oct 21, 2004
Ask a Question